Do you have verrucae?
- The classic appearance is cauliflower type appearance.
- Sometimes containing small black dots.
- They can vary in size and numbers.
- An early stage verruca can look like a small, discolored blemish on the skin, and be easily mistaken for a corn.
- Sometimes a verruca can quickly spread into a cluster made up of many tiny verrucae.
- Verrucea are usually unsightly and can be embarrassing.
- Verrucae can be painless or painful.
A simple diagnostic test is to pinch the skin (like you would squeeze a spot) where you think you may have a verruca. If it hurts, you may have a verruca. Corns tend not to hurt if you pinch them, but hurt if you press them. Pressing a verruca is generally painless.
If you are still unsure before starting treatment, seek advice or treatment by a Podiatrist.